Sunday, March 26, 2006

I wouldn't want anyone to feel they have to gleefully email me links to dreadful reviews for the opening episode of series two...

... but by all means carry on. You complete bastards. I've got some meetings coming up next week, and I fully expect people to be talking to me in a soft sad voice, heads tilted slightly on one side like in that Friends episode with Tom Selleck where his wife's died. I did like the "you don't stop loving an unhinged mongrel just because it's sick on the new carpet" line though, very funny.

I took a GINORMOUS bunch of flowers over to my mum's today to try and make up for the tree incident - I think it's okay, as it wasn't mentioned once. Did have the following great conversation with my dad though - proof that no-one in my family ever feels over-burdened by the need to listen properly to anyone else:

ME: Sorry about my trousers, got splashed by someone driving through a puddle on the way here.
DAD: (interested) Was it a van?
ME: Um, no, it was a hearse.
DAD: Tch. Women drivers.

Long pause.

ME: What?

I never did find out.

Marvellous little pop-up/animated video on the Sad Little Stars site, called 'Don't Fuck With Love' - you'll need to tinker about a bit to find it, but it's worth it - very good.

9 comments:

patroclus said...

That "Don't Fuck With Love" thing is indeed great.

*is overcome with envy at the creative prowess of others*

Anonymous said...

awww,i only read one bad review.
the others were quite good really.

and it's just the first episode anyway.

Anonymous said...

That's right - and we'll all be able to watch it on Friday, so you can sit and feel smug as the compliments come rolling in... (fingers crossed!)

Kt said...

It was a "hearse", not a "his".

Your Dad's brilliant!

James Henry said...

Even train wrecks can be funny. As long as no-one gets hurt, obviously.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if this is any comfort, but I saw Green Wing for the first time ever on Friday and thought it was great ...

James Henry said...

Cheers, well hopefully you'll like the new series too. It certainly has more stuffed birds than series one, which was a constant criticism.

BiScUiTs said...

I keep trying to avoid spoilers, but every now and again I'll accidentally read something, like the description in the radio times or something, that slightly hints at things. Anyway.

Anonymous said...

We love we love we love.

You fabulous GW writers can do some gardening in my parsley patch aaaanytime.

- Love some GW fans.